Start the day with it, or serve as a nourishing snack, give this smoothie a try! SMOOTHIE BENEFITS: This smoothie packs a lot of protein and energy into a small serve which is a fabulous way of increasing intake of these vital nutrients for those with a reduced appetite. This wholesome and tasty smoothie also contains calcium, potassium and both pre- and pro-biotics to aid gut health.
• 1 banana- extra ripe and medium sized
• 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
• 1 Tablespoon Skim milk powder
• 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
• 150ml milk (your choice)
• 100ml coconut milk or 60 ml coconut cream
• 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
• Pinch cinnamon
• 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
• 100g ice 12
1. Peel and cut bananas into 6 pieces and place into a high speed blender with remaining ingredients. Blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
2. Divide between glasses. Tip: Freeze any browning or overripe bananas- they are perfect in smoothies. Substitute the frozen banana for frozen berries